The forum and board shall:
- to accomplish all the objectives in Section 18(1) of the South African Police Service Act 68 of 1995;
- establish and maintain a partnership between the community and SAPS;
- promote communication between SAPS and the community;
- promote co-operation between SAPS and the community in fulfilling the needs of the community regarding policing;
- improve the rendering of Police Services to the community at National, Provincial, Cluster and Local Levels;
- promote transparency and accountability of the Service to the community; and
- promote joint problem-identification and solving with the SAPS and the community;
to further accomplish the aims and objectives;
- promote co-operation between the South African Police Service the Local Community, other Law Enforcement Agencies, Community Safety Structures, Victim Support Structures, Community-based Organisations and Institutions and the Municipal Police Service.
- promote respect for human rights within the ranks of the SAPS, the Local Community, other Law Enforcement Agencies, Community Safety Structures, Victim Support Structures, Community-based Organisations and Institutions and the Municipal Police Service.
- negotiate and co-operate with other Institutions at Local, Cluster, Provincial and National Level in order to promote the aims and objectives of the Forums and Boards,
- mobilise the community and organisations in the community to join the Forums, Sub-Forums, Community Safety Structures and Victim Support Structures;
- assist with the initiation and co-ordination of social crime prevention programmes and projects in conjunction with SAPS, other State Departments, Law Enforcement Agencies, Municipal Police Service and other CPF Structures.
- request the Service to account on the achievement of the objectives in terms of Section 205(3) of the Constitution of the Republic of South Africa.